Monday, October 19, 2009

An unconventional, unsettling ghost story

Her Fearful Symmetry
Audrey Niffenegger

I've recently had the pleasure of reviewing Audrey Niffenegger's latest novel for Pajiba.

I adored The Time-Traveler's Wife, so I was eager to see what her latest effort was all about.

While it doesn't reach the heights of TTTW, Her Fearful Symmetry is both intriguing and unsettling. To read my full review, kindly click here.

In a nutshell: Compelling and moving, with a truly unforgettable ending. Everyone won't like it, but everyone will have an opinion about it.

Bibliolatry Scale: 4 out of 6 stars

FTCBS: I received a copy of Her Fearful Symmetry from the publisher.


3 comments:

ImageNations said...

I will follow the link. I have always liked your blog. It inspired mine...or better still I borrowed heavily from you.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I've been all about the ghost stories lately so I might have to read this one sooner rather than later.

Scriptor Senex said...

Loved the Time-Traveller's Wife so hoping for good things from this one. I was amazed so many of my friends didn't like it. Looking forward to reading this and we shall see what controversy this one brings..