Monday, October 08, 2007

New review and random reading

A kinda-sorta new review is up at Pajiba: a reworking of my earlier review of The Road by Cormac McCarthy. The new review (one which focuses less on zombies and more on -- call me iconoclast, I know -- the work itself) can be found here.

You might also enjoy reading the following fascinating miscellanea:

Hollywood scumbags an Afghan kid.

Because we all know that people -- excuse me, dinosaurs -- don't actually read magazines.

Assuming he was in possession of nothing else, could you be arrested for a book?

Paper Cuts predicts the Nobel, which should be announced soonish.

For the Life of Pi fan, Yann Martel talks about his inspiration.

In case you give a damn, Oprah wants you to read this next.

Dude, I didn't even know you could put vodka there. That's kinda awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link didn't work for the "arrested for a book" story. Whuuuut?

I'm holding you accountable for "Blood Meridian." It's next on my pile.

Bibliolatrist said...

Did you try the link again? I just clicked on it and it worked. At any rate, some kid was arrested for having The Anarchists' Cookbook, but I don't believe he had anything else on him.

Hopefully you'll enjoy Blood Meridian -- I'll admit, I found it painful in places, but the mesmerizing quality of his prose just won me over in the end. The way he handled some scenes compensated for some other elements I didn't appreciate as much. I look forward to your thoughts!