Monday, October 22, 2007

Some interesting bits

My schedule has lately prevented me from sharing some interesting bits I've come across, but fear not. I've scoured the web yet again to find you some oddities and attractions. Enjoy.

Since I can't help but love the space stuff, I was interested to hear that black holes can sing.

After reading this, one can't help but wonder: at what point does a library cease to be a library?

For the Cormac McCarthy fan -- he speaks again!

Ruh-roh. Oprah's praised another stinker.

And, because Halloween is my most favorite time of year (okay, maybe it's tied with Christmas), I present to you the following spooky treats:

Here is all about the origins and history behind Halloween. Pretty interesting stuff.

RetroCRUSH presents the 100 Scariest Movie Scenes of all time.

New light is shed on Edgar Allan Poe's death.

Since we're on the subject of Poe, you might enjoy this oft overlooked tale.

No comments: