Friday, December 26, 2008

A Boon of Books

Joy to the world -- a boon of books is mine this Christmas! Not surprisingly, I have no idea where to start, but start I will, even though it means ignoring the seven or so other titles I've already got underway. I'm good at juggling -- I can hack it.

Below are the titles I received yesterday (and a few I won't receive until next week). Please leave your thoughts as to those I should read first.


From husband:





From mom:







From gift certificates:







Any thoughts on which title I should honor by reading first?

2 comments:

Mrs. White said...

I LOVED Oscar Wao and Kavalier and Clay, so either one of those would be an excellent choice.

Monsters of Templeton was a good enough read, but my feelings were mixed overall, and I just didn't get the Bolano piece, but perhaps I just didn't have the patience. (It does get downright obscene in some scenes, though, so I guess if you want to read something sexy then maybe start with the Bolano. ;)

Anonymous said...

Selfishly, I would love if you picked The Gargoyle. It is on my list of books to read and I would like to read your review.

My book club read Oscar Wao. Reviews were mixed between rapture and extreme hatred. Either way it will bring out some strong feelings!