Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A great loss

I've tried to write this post several times since first learning on Monday that one of my favorite bloggers (book or otherwise) passed away. Each time, I deleted the post. The words weren't right.

I've since come to realize that there's nothing I can say about Dewey that those who knew her didn't already know, and many are better than I am at putting words to their grief.

I can honestly say that Dewey was someone I admired, envied, and emulated, even though I never met her in person. She was a voracious reader (I couldn't come close to reaching her numbers), an engaging book blogger, and, most importantly, a community builder. Through her I have been introduced to some great books and even better people. I hope Dewey knows how much she is missed by all of those she touched online.

Please keep Dewey and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Maree said...

That was beautifully put. Her loss does resonate far and wide. :(

Ana S. said...

I hope she knew how much we all cared about her.