Saturday, February 05, 2011

apathy and angst

HELLLLOOOO

The winter blues have me in their icy, apathetic grip. It's all I can do to go to work as of late. My ass has been on the treadmill only a handful of times this year, and I have one in my basement. It's not like I have to drive to a gym. But still.

I'm proud to say my reading pace has not slowed. I've been reading quite a bit; you wouldn't know it from the sight of things around here. For one, blogging has seemed like too much of a chore lately, and I've always shied away from anything that has felt like an obligation. Also, the apathy (see above). Also, I've been blogging here for a loooooong time (5+ years now) and I'm just not feeling it lately.

Any advice, y'all? Pack it in? Keep on chugging along? Anyone even there anymore?



8 comments:

raych said...

No advice to offer. Just, you know, wanted to wave hello.

Anna van Gelderen said...

Never give up, never give in. Just keep on blogging. I'm a fan.

Marnie said...

Just found your blog recently, but I was an instant fan.

And feeling just like you said. I've been reading (blogs and books) but anything else (especially the treadmill in MY basement and writing my blogs) is just not happening!

But I hold out hope that spring is coming. . .

Cath said...

I'm here, I'm here, checking and checking!

I've found something that helps with the apathy is to do something different. Change the style or format of your reviews or add a new feature? Do note, though: this advice has not stopped me from taking half-year breaks from my own blog. Sigh.

Glad you're having good reading mojo, at least!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with taking a holiday from blogging - I mean we do it in real life. You don't have to pack it in! At least you are still reading:)

State of Grace said...

I miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are out here. I have enjoyed your blog for a long time and appreciate your efforts and skillful writing. I have read books I would not have otherwise, on your recommendation.

In the event you step away, and I understand entirely, just know that Bibliolatry was appreciated and enjoyed.

Thank you.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to stop by and give you an inspirational boost. I totally understand what you mean by something feeling like an obligation or a chore. Sometimes we just get tired and lazy, like going to the gym. Now that's a really annoying chore for me haha. Just keep your head up man and realize that there are people out there who read and appreciate your blog.

Brady Schuller
iPod touch docking station