Monday, November 12, 2007

An interesting survey

I swiped this survey from Dewey, and it's been a lovely way of keeping me from doing work I actually have to do. But it was fun. Some real posts will be up soon.

Anyway, this questionnaire was first filled out by Marcel Proust. You can visit the original site and read more about it here. In the meantime, here are my answers, which are probably not as entertaining as Proust's.

Your most marked characteristic?
Introversion and a desire for knowledge.

The quality you most like in a man?
A sense of humor and intelligence.

The quality you most like in a woman?
The same as for men, but I also like women who lack cattiness (even though I have my moments).

What do you most value in your friends?
In general, a lack of cattiness and judgment, but I appreciate friends who are good at email and understand my anti-social tendencies.

What is your principle defect?
Laziness.

What is your favorite occupation?
Reading.

What is your dream of happiness?
A long and happy life.

What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
Losing my husband. Or my eyeball. Because, you know, that’s some nasty shit.

What would you like to be?
A writer type (a.k.a. someone who can get paid to read and not leave her house).

In what country would you like to live?
France, England, or Ireland. Somewhere cloudy. The sun and I don’t often get along.

What is your favorite color?
Cerulean. Okay, I also like purple.

What is your favorite flower?
Purty ones.

What is your favorite bird?
Good lord, I don’t care much for birds. Hm. Lemme think about this one. Birds, birds, birds. Nah, I’ll pass.

Ooh! I know! A dove.

Actually, I take that back. I really don't like birds.

Who are your favorite prose writers?
Margaret Atwood and David Mitchell; I think I could throw in a few others, but that’s it for now.

Who are your favorite poets?
Wislawa Szymborska and Louise Gluck.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Heathcliff, and he’s a Byronic hero, thank you. And a little Patrick Bateman just for shits and giggles.

Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Lola, Catherine Earnshaw...I'm forgetting someone. Oh well.

Who are your favorite composers?
Beethoven. There is no other, although Vivaldi would be a close second.

Who are your favorite painters?
Don’t really have any.

Who are your heroes in real life?
My husband and my family.

What is it you most dislike?
Bugs, rude people, carbs (even though they are so so good), bad eyeballs, people who think too highly of themselves, bad drivers, stupid people, narrow-mindedness, country music, humidity, Paris Hilton, people who confuse your/you’re and to/too/two, etc.

I could go on but I think that’s rather enough.

What natural gift would you most like to possess?
I would like to be more sociable and outgoing. I daydream too much instead of interacting with those around me.

How would you like to die?
Surrounded by groupies and sycophants.

What is your present state of mind?
Awesome, as usual. That’s just how I roll.

To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
I’m quoting Dewey here by interpreting this to mean what faults can I most easily forgive in other people, not my own faults.

I dunno, I’m kind of a bitch.

What is your motto?
Non omnis moriar.

1 comment:

Dewey said...

Your dislikes list made me laugh out loud. That's a lot of annoying stuff! I can't even remember what I said, but I could easily add all that same stuff.