Monday, March 02, 2009

Reading Resolution: February Update

Well folks, Month the Second of my 2009 Reading Resolution has ended. Whereas I exceeded my expectations in January, February has been a bit of a bummer.

We've been doing renovations here at the Bibliolatry Manor, and I've been in a reading funk. Those are my excuses. Ugh. Let's hope for a better March.

Here is my tally for February. Links go to my posts.

Titles read in February 2009:

Collins, The Moonstone
Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
Hill, 20th Century Ghosts
Millhauser, Dangerous Laughter
Moody, Right Livelihoods
Przekop, Aberrations


TITLES READ IN FEBRUARY: 6

CURRENT PROGRESS: 17/88


6 comments:

Bybee said...

I've kind of had the same problem...moving to a new place, new job...messes with reading powers. As soon as the renovations are done, you'll get it back.

Ana S. said...

I hope March goes better! But The Moonstone is quite a chunkster, so it should probably count for 2 :P

Edwin Hesselthwite said...

End the reading resolution Jen!

Your books have got a hell of a lot more worthy/contemporary since you began... Bring back the horror master! What i've always loved about your blog is the educated view on high quality trash... But trash doesn't last on the bookcase for years.

These words were brought to you by the evil voice on your left shoulder.

Bibliolatrist said...

Just name your title, Mr. H. I need a break from this madness.

Edwin Hesselthwite said...

There are 3 Neal Stephenson books on your "Unowned and Unread" list you crossposted from librarything...

Cryptonomicon is good, Quicksilver is good...

Yes, the nerds love him a bit too much... But he is the best thing ever.

Edwin Hesselthwite said...

Alternatively, if you want one of my really leftfield recommendations... Give this a go.

It's one of the most beautifully written books i've ever encountered, and it's totally crazy.