Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dead bodies, six-toed cats, and much, much more

Have you ever read anything by Spalding Gray? Neither have I. But in case you were wondering, here's what it feels like to discover his corpse. I've also provided a link to his wiki entry if you're not familiar with either the man or his work. RIP, buddy.





Forty-six years after his death and Hemingway is still making news. Of course, having read this article several times, the only thing I can remember is POLYDACTYL CATS. That and the fact that a "cat whispurrer" is being called in to assess the situation. Papa would be proud.






I first heard about the Tintin fiasco via this article over at Little Man, What Now? Now, The New Zealand Herald ponders whether some Tintin books should be sold only to adults. I admit I never knew this Tintin fellow so much as existed until now, so I don't want to give an uninformed opinion on the subject. However, I must say that it is up to parents, not legislators or booksellers, to raise their children correctly. What do you think of the Tintin debate?




Okay, okay: I don't read Harry Potter. Sure, I read the first one; who didn't? Beyond that, I just didn't care. I do feel kinda left out now, though, so I feel obligated to mention the Potter at least once. With that in mind, I give you this hysterical article from the people over at Cracked magazine. Don't worry, Potter fans: there are no spoilers here. It's simply "Six Questions The Last Harry Potter Book Had Better F#@king Answer" -- that, and sex. "Lot's of clumsy, clutching, adolescent wizard sex." Damn me for not reading the other six books.



And last but not least, here's one final Cracked article, just cause it's funny. I'm so with you on the cell phones.

3 comments:

Edwin Hesselthwite said...

Cheers for the link Biblio... Anyone foolish enough to want to know my opinions on the Tintin debate please wander over to LMWN.

On Hemingway: is there any issue, at all, that the Conch's wont decide is a "Government's stepping on our turf" debate? I love those guys, but *really*... To Have And Have Not is a book I'm reading at the moment (not bad, but not up there with The Old Man And The Sea or Fiesta), so interesting reading.

On Harry Potter: dear god it makes me want to go live in a cave.

ErinPaperbackstash said...

From the questionaire statement, it sounds like like the last books are the ones that grew interesting, eh?

Thanks for visiting the blog and hope you revisit those Pike books sometime ;)

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Okay, so the article on Hemingway's cats was a little disturbing. Only because it's amazing that people don't seem to realize that Hemingway would have shot them all himself. In a drunken stupor of course.
And that article in Cracked!! Too funny. As one who doesn't read Harry Potter OR watch the movies, I am grateful for a different perspective than "Have you read it? I'm waiting for mine. Don't tell me...."
*rolls eyes*