Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Beast gets funny...and a little annoying, too

Who Stole the Funny?: A Novel of Hollywood
Robby Benson

Hey there, folks, my second review has been published over at Pajiba, this time on Robby Benson's Who Stole the Funny?

If Benson's name rings a bell, you might be a loser like me and remember him as the voice of the Beast from the Disney "masterpiece." (I mentally quibbled about the quotes there; I hesitate to call any Disney film a masterpiece, but I do love that movie. Sigh. I need to watch it again.) Or you might remember him from a bunch of other stuff he did; his IMDB profile is quite lengthy.

At any rate, you may click here to read my review in full; of course, be sure to check out all the other great reviews on the site. As before, I'll provide my "In a nutshell" commentary and rating system.

In a nutshell: Light and fluffy, Who Stole the Funny? highlights all that Hollywood seems to offer...and makes you glad that you aren't there too.

Bibliolatry Scale: 3.5 out of 6 stars

1 comment:

Jane said...

I thought I'd post my comment here to tell you great review! You have a way with words. Oh, and I LOVE Beauty and the Beast too although my copy disappeared during a nephew visit years ago. I didn't remember that Bensen did the beast. I must have blocked it out.