Thursday, September 20, 2007

Squee!

Samedi the Deafness
Jesse Ball

My first review has been published over at Pajiba, one of my favorite sites ever (hence my squee of joy).

The review in question is for Jesse Ball's Samedi the Deafness, so head on over there to read it. Be sure to check out not only my review, but also the dozens of others that appear on the site.

As for Samedi, I'll simply post my "nutshell review" and rating scale here, since Pajiba is a little above such juvenalia. I also refrained from making any ball jokes, but it was really difficult.

In a nutshell: Samedi is quirky but ultimately unfulfilling; Ball should have given us more -- or less. (See!? More ball? Not snickering at the obvious ball joke is so hard!)

(Gah! See!? Ball? Hard?)

Sorry.

Bibliolatry Scale: 4 out of 6 stars

3 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Well done!! Squee indeed! And a nice review too ...

:))

Though I am shamed to say that none of my books has ever merited being anywhere near any hardbacks, let alone being one themselves ... Hangs head in shame and skulks (once more!) to the back of the class ...

==:O

A
xxx

Jodi Payne said...

Congrats on the publication! I would have been amused by the ball jokes... ;-)

Edwin Hesselthwite said...

Congrats Biblio...

Although on the hard-soft issue, I've got to say i've always thought books should be first editioned soft, with yellowing pages and pages that creak like an old oak in a gale...

50s SF had no time for hard backs...

(by the way, if your looking for other outlets, LMWN is of course looking for input... We've had our eye on you for some time.)