Thursday, August 14, 2008

Don't just lie there

Soon I Will be Invincible
Austin Grossman

This week's review for Pajiba is for Austin Grossman's Soon I Will Be Invincible, a parody of the superhero genre that is a perfect summer read. That's not to say the novel itself is perfect, but I had so much fun reading this one that I was able to overlook its imperfections.

Just follow this little linky guy to read my review.

In a nutshell: Not perfect by any means, but enjoyable enough to make up for its flaws. Great fun.

Bibliolatry Scale: 4.5 out of 6 stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this one at the end of last year and I liked it a lot, though I agree with you, it did have its problems. For one, if I remember correctly, I found the story a bit uneven with the storyline of Dr. Impossible being so very much more interesting than the other chick whose name I can't remember.

It's kind of funny, because I just finished Watchmen, which humanizes superheroes in a similar way.