Thursday, August 21, 2008

Who can think of titles at a time like this?

In the Woods
Tana French

I'm alive, but blogging isn't high on my list of things to do right now.

I return to work on Monday. My misery knows no bounds.

As a result, I'm trying to avoid anything that even remotely resembles work, including blogging. Still doing lots of reading, though, so those posts will appear...at some point.

In the meantime, you can read my latest review for Pajiba. This week I reviewed Tana French's In the Woods, a moody murder mystery that, although flawed, still proved enjoyable.

Click here to read my review.

In a nutshell: Not perfect, but it'll do.

Bibliolatry Scale: 4 out of 6 stars

2 comments:

JRH456 said...

Good luck- I have students starting to come back here too. Always makes for some fun

Anonymous said...

God, I love it when bloggers' posts intersect. I just read a review of this book over at Fizzy Thoughts (http://fizzybeverage.blogspot.com/), who had a very different opinion of The Wood, I think. I wasn't able to read the entire review because she told me to go away. =) But this one is sitting on my nightstand and I'll probably get around to reading it in the next month of two.

I'm still hoping it's good, but after reading yours and Soft Drink's reviews, my expectations have come down a notch.