Friday, November 25, 2005

Mission

I created this site out of a desire to share those works that have possessed me. I believe to read is divine, and a healthy person exercises both the body and the mind. My purpose here is to be a fitness trainer for the mind by recommending a variety of books and by providing a forum to discuss them.

I hope to inspire others to read these incredible books and add their own thoughts here. I’ll go one step further in this humanitarian effort to even write about those books to avoid. Feel free to warn me about any of your disastrous encounters so I’ll know to steer clear of them.

I plan to discuss a variety of books; I tend to read a lot of mostly literary fiction (it is a term I hate: the term is pretentious; why not just write plain old fiction?), although I also plan to write on poetry, memoirs, philosophy, and whatever else passes through my grubby little fingers.

Let’s begin!

No comments: