Thursday, July 26, 2007

Your weekly dose of stuff that I find interesting

Do you like to read? Well, this man's booklove cost him his home. This is BULLSHIT. I'm going to organize a sit-in. Oh wait, I don't really care that much.


But while he was busy fighting to keep his books, this guy is getting rid of some of his. The grass is always greener... (Small warning: this article contains the phrase "book apocalypse," which gave me a small bout of the vapors, so watch out.)


Speaking of professors getting rid of books, it's about time someone called shenanigans on these creeps.


While some people are getting rid of books, many people may stop getting magazines, since prices are set to rise. As a result, we are losing a HIGHLY respected publication. A moment of silence, please.


I think we all know I'm responsible for this. I am eagerly awaiting my complementary fruit basket. I'm partial to flowers too, Jeff. Any kind will do.


I'm sorry -- I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you say zombies? Zombies from Pakistan? MIDGET zombies from Pakistan?? And all I have to do is click here?? AND there's a video to boot?? YES.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great list of links! What will we do without World Weekly News??

btw, I'm about to tag you for that Blogging Tips Meme. You've been warned.

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of links!

I can't believe anyone who has gone looking for something specific in a library in the past few years would argue against owning a book because the library has it. I have a difficult time finding best sellers at my library, let alone books in my area of academics.

I am also greatly saddened by the passing of Weekly World News. At least they were honest liars.