Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Maidens Who Don't Float (and other miscellanea)

While I'm hard at work on posts on several different titles, enjoy the various sites that are making it difficult for me to finish those posts.

First, McSweeney's gives Shakespeare-lovin Facebook addicts something to giggle over: Hamlet (Facebook Newsfeed Edition).

For those looking for more weighty fare, Stefanie over at So Many Books offers this interesting observation on the modus operandi of avid readers, and Scientific American explores our love of storytelling.

Speaking of storytelling, master storyteller Stephen King is back with "N" -- a new story that is being presented in a series of 25 graphic video episodes. The first few episodes of "N" are now availble -- check it out here.

And finally, there's no better way to waste a few hours than by exploring these two links. First, here's a handy little quiz that will measure your ability to survive the apocalypse. I'm a little unhappy I didn't fare better. This next link will see you causing the end of the world. I keep getting close, but try as I might, those fuckers in Madagascar keep surviving. You too can try to kill the world here.

4 comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I just did that zombie contest and got a "Z+" rating - not so shabby!

JRH456 said...

omg i was lmao at the HAmlet facebook edition. too funny. which reminds me i need to update my facebook status

jonathan is not a zombie... yet

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love the Hamlet Facebook article! Hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Clearly I'm being particularly dense this morning. It took me entirely too long to get the Hamlet Facebook joke. Once I did of course it was hilarious! I wonder if there's some way for me to post that on Facebook... = )