Thursday, July 01, 2010

Spellbound by Sookie

Living Dead in Dallas
Charlaine Harris

Ok, so I SWEAR I did more than read on this cruise. But I'm sucked in and was able to read this book in an afternoon. (It's not exactly Crime and Punishment, nah'mean?)

So...let's see: Sookie and her "disability" get her involved in another mystery. Vampires are there. Sex is had. Stuff happens.

Who cares. SOOOKIEEE.

In a nutshell: Weak writing, weak characters, weak everything...and yet I can't stop reading.

Bibliolatry Scale: I'm feeling charitable. 4 out of 6 stars.

FTCBS: Personal copy purchased from Walmart - victory!

In case you're interested: Book 1, Book 3, Book 4



4 comments:

Becky said...

Okay. You are hilarious. :) I loved your review. I felt frustration and different books in this series, yet am still reading them! Love your thoughts here. Made me laugh. Thanks!

Trisha said...

All I can say is 'yep'. I'm right there with you on this series.

Shelley said...

"Not exactly Crime and Punishment"?

Just punishment?

Bibliolatrist said...

Shelley: I wouldn't go so far as to say it's punishment...maybe just a time-out? ;-)