Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Friday! Here's some links.

I haven't done a link post in a while, both because I haven't found any good links and because I haven't had the time to look. Here are a few that tickled my fancy the past couple of days:


IO9 presents the best science-fiction published in 2008. Have any of you read these titles? Any recommendations? (For after I've completed my reading resolution, naturally!)

Speaking of my reading resolution (and of sci-fi), I've returned to DailyLit, as Accelerando, one of my RR titles, is available. I've added it to GoogleReader, so I don't have to slog through via email. The last time I tried DailyLit, I quit after a few days, so hopefully the added incentive of finishing a RR title will push me through.

Now here's an interesting idea: psychologists say Victorian novels helped us evolve into better people. What do you think? I can't speak for the Victorians, but surely Rock of Love Tour Bus is helping me evolve somehow, right? Right?

Speaking of evolution....HOLY SHIT!!

And finally, I'm glad to see someone else can relate to minds and memories that have invented their own memories. A lovely poem for your Friday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only book on the sci-fi list I've read so far is Little Brother. I've been rather sci-fi slacky lately. I plan on hitting Anathem and The Alchemy of Stone this year, though. Liberation also sounds interesting--I'd not heard of that one before.

Anonymous said...

There is an award waiting for you on my blog! Stop by to pick it up!

Jeanne said...

I loved Little Brother, so I copied the rest of that list for my TBR pile. Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be bitchy but, "Here ARE some links."

Bibliolatrist said...

Not to be bitchy either, but did you see when I posted this? It was 5 in the morning - give a gal a break ;-)