Thursday, August 09, 2007

It just keeps getting weirder

I'm being lazy this week. Reading plenty, but saving my reviews for another time. The bad news is that I probably won't have another review this week (never say never, though), but next week should be chock full of 'em, so check back often. In the meantime, enjoy this selection of random links that I scrounged together to justify a post. Shameless, really.

Speaking of shameless, this guy has to be the dumbest man ever born. Nevertheless, I love a good sensational story! We all go a little crazy sometimes.

Speaking of crazy, I give you an update on this story from last week. And yes, it's only getting better.

I hate linking to MTv, so I beg your forgiveness in advance. But it IS about "the most relevant piece of literature ever written". True, I haven't read it. I know, I know.

Speaking of books I haven't read, this year's nominees for the Man Booker Prize have been announced. The only one I'm really interested in is Ian McEwan; anyone else read anything else on this list?

This is for those who share my obsession for outer space. (A space book is on tap for next week.) Good to know this stuff, I guess.

I think the best response to this is, without a doubt, this. If the kitties take your soul, the terrorists have won. Sorry for passing this infection on to you.



2 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

Well, I've read and reviewed "Chesil" but I had to go over to amazon uk to look up the other books. That "Darkmans" looks the most promising of the group, but there were no reviews, no book info posted - nothing on amazon uk.

Guess we have to wait for these books to hit the US market to learn more.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about his comment that George Bush has made Fahrenheit 451 the most relevant book of our time. I think it would be very relevant even without Bush. But I do know it's one of my favorite books. You really should read it. It's one I recommend to most people I meet who are interested in reading.