Friday, August 24, 2007

Some stuff you might want to read

I hate to do another link post again so soon, but I've come across some really interesting things that you might like.

Did I say that Americans weren't reading? Apparently that's a lie.

YES.

This can't be good.

Now this is some pretty dumb shit right here.

One of my favorite sites, Pajiba presents the ten science-fiction films you should see (but probably haven't). Not surprisingly, I haven't seen a single one. I really gotta get Netflix.

Finally, you can view the trailer for Cormac McCarthy's No Country for Old Men. I haven't read it yet, but I better do so before the film comes out. Anyone read this one? I'd like to hear your thoughts.


5 comments:

Donald Capone said...

Thanks for posting this trailer. Looks good. I love the Coen brothers films. I probably won't read the book before I see the film. I've only read The Road by McCarthy and thought it was over-rated. Maybe its just his style I can't get past.

Anonymous said...

I disagree that The Road was overrated. I have not read is tour de force, Blood Meridian yet, but The Road was a damn fine read and haunting.

As for No Country for Old Men it is fantastic. It is a quick read and it lingers with you afterwards.

I posted a review on my blog. I think you will enjoy it.

a.book.in.the.life said...

I am interested in these comments about The Road. I finished it recently and it may sound strange but I really can't make my mind up about it! I enjoyed it but...

Scarlett Freyre said...

well, thank to you.

Donald Capone said...

Hey christopher,

Maybe i'll give him another shot and read No Country.

a.book,
I reviewed The Road on my blog if you want to check it out:
http://www.donaldcapone.blogspot.com/

Don