Thursday, August 23, 2007

Some links for your Thursday

The Telegraph ponders whether this might just mean the end of English literature. Let's hope not.

As I'm sure you've heard by now, ABC News is reporting that one in four Americans read no books last year. "I just get sleepy when I read," says someone I’d wager has no problem sitting through Scary Movies 1-4.

Yay - FINALLY. Stephen King confirms the Dark Tower movie. Now don’t ef it up.

Poetry.org has posted nine poems you should read, complete with links to the poems and commentary. What, no Wislawa?

Alex Remington at The Huffington Post ponders the problem with pricey paperbacks. But they are just so neat looking, especially those with pages "unevenly cut so that the sides form ridges your thumb can rest upon as you turn the page." That's worth a few extra pennies, in my opinion. Okay so it's a lot of extra pennies.

And finally, I hope you're prepared to see a bound and blindfolded Dorothy being victimized by a nasty pair of munchkins on the big screen. Oh, you're not? Tough. (Disturbing pic included.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm, is that Telegraph article serious? I mean, it's a joke right? Late April Fool's...?

a.book.in.the.life said...

Wow a Dark Tower movie! That would be great although i am a little scared it would be a let down. It means I better finish the last few books though!