Monday, February 02, 2009

Reading Resolution: January Update

Well folks, Month the First of my 2009 Reading Resolution has ended. I've exceeded my expectations and have read more than I thought possible.

Before I get to the recap, I must first address a nagging detail that has been bothering me the past few weeks. Attentive readers will have noticed the total number of books to be read for my resolution slowly inching higher. Most new additions are sneaky little buggers that escaped my initial sweep of my shelves, so wily were they hidden. Admittedly, two are new additions: one was a purchase I promised myself as soon as it came out in paperback, and another was a prize. So, if you've noticed my goal has increased recently (I've added about 10 titles in all), then you aren't going crazy. I've got crazy covered just fine, thank you.

And now, without further ado, my tally for January. Not all titles have been reviewed yet -- for the time being, reading trumps almost all other activities. Links, when present, go to my posts.

Titles read in January 2009:

Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Bachelder, Bear v. Shark
Coupland, JPod
Davidson, The Gargoyle
Diaz, The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao
Gottlieb, Now You See Him
Hyde, The Abortionist's Daughter
Lippman, What the Dead Know
McEwan, On Chesil Beach
Thomas, The End of Mr. Y
Tinti, The Good Thief


CURRENT PROGRESS: 11/88



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to post a review of "What the Dead Know?" I'd love to hear what you thought.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great accomplishment! 11 in one month! I got stuck on one book for two weeks, so I only got in 5 in January, but I've got 2 down in February!