Thursday, May 01, 2008

An Absolutely True Review*

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Sherman Alexie

My latest review for Pajiba has been posted on Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. It's for young adults, so I was a little nervous reviewing it, as I always am when reviewing books written for a younger audience. This is, of course, in addition to my already healthy dose of anxiety that accompanies every review I write for Pajiba. They keep you on your toes over there, they do.

Anyway, this is Sherman Alexie's first novel for young adults, and I have to say I found it quite enjoyable. Usually when reading a book written for teens, I have to keep reminding myself of the fact so that I can avoid being unnecessarily harsh. Thankfully, I didn't need to do much reminding during Diary.

You can click here to read my review.

In a nutshell: For adults, fun but not life-changing. For teens, a light read that tackles heavy issues.

Bibliolatry Scale: 4.5 out of 6 stars


*Oh, and I apologize for the "absolutely lame" title that begins this post. I'm short on coffee, and this is all I got. And my allergies are killing me. Speaking of which, since they had to go and make Zyrtec available for the masses, my insurance no longer covers my GOOD allergy medication. Needless to say, it's a sneezefest over here. FUCKERS.

No comments: