Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Oates, My Hero

My Sister, My Love: The Intimate Story of Skyler Rampike
Joyce Carol Oates

My latest review for Pajiba is up, and this time I had the honor of reviewing one of my favorite authors, Joyce Carol Oates.

As always (well, perhaps not always, but most of the time), JCO doesn't disappoint. My Sister, My Love reaffirms my love for one of the greatest authors of our time.

Click here to read my review.

In a nutshell: This time, joke's on me. I borrowed this one from the library, when it would've been one to own. I lose.

Bibliolatry Scale: 5.5 out of 6 stars

3 comments:

Bybee said...

She should've won a Pulitzer years ago for her fiction. Can't understand it, unless they don't take her seriously because she's "too" prolific or because she is always trying something new and different.

Unknown said...

This is so random: the cover of this book was painted by Martin Mull. Yeah, THAT Martin Mull...the guy who played Johnny Fever and the teacher on Head Of The Class.

Unknown said...

(Slightly better link to Mull's work.)