Sunday, July 27, 2008

Nice!

I must thank the lovely Irish for bestowing upon this lowly Bibliolatrist an award for excellent blogging. Not to brag, but she she says I have a "wonderful wit." SCORE. (Um, Irish, can you tell that to my husband? Cause he doesn't always find me so funny.)

Now, I have to pass the award on to seven other bloggers. Hopefully I'll be able to find people who haven't yet received it. I've chosen bloggers who make my days a little brighter with their witty words and thoughtful posts.

1. My first Excellence in Blogging award goes to (and those of you who visit me here regularly will not be surprised by this) the good fellows over at Little Man, What Now? Little Man has long been one of my favorite reads, so if you haven't yet visited them, head on over now.

2. My second Excellence in Blogging award goes to Chiron at RabbitReader, for a few reasons. First, he's my uncle, so there you go. But more importantly, his opinions on all things book-related are to be respected, and he's an individual I strive to emulate in many ways, even if we disagree on the literary merit of, say, The Stones of Summer (which, by the way, I've vowed to try again...in a few years).

3. My third Excellence in Blogging award goes to Kristin at Books 4 Breakfast. I like that she can capture the essence of a book in just a few short paragraphs, something I seem to rarely accomplish. Plus, she rates all her books via different mixed drinks, and who doesn't love that?

4. My fourth Excellence in Blogging award goes to Lesley over at A Life in Books, since I can usually count on her to discuss a book I haven't heard much about before.

5. My fifth Excellence in Blogging award goes to Stephanie at Stephanie's Confessions of a Book-a-holic. Like Lesley, I can count on Stephanie to discuss those books which which I'm unfamiliar.

6. My sixth Excellence in Blogging award goes to Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf. Dewey is the mastermind behind the Weekly Geeks extravaganza, and the blogging world is better for her presence.

7. My seventh Excellence in Blogging award goes to Tanabata over at In Spring it is the Dawn. My favorite aspect of her site is her photography of places she visits in Japan. Although she describes her photography skills as "very amateur", I disagree - I am frequently wowed by her work.


For those of you who've won, if you're interested in participating in this award, simply do the following:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs, and link to them.
4. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

tanabata said...

Thank you! You're very kind. :)

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet... thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks! I take it as a grand compliment coming from you, since yours is one of my favorite book blogs. Awww, can't you just feel the love?

Edwin Hesselthwite said...

Dearest thanks Biblio...

We've been off our game recently, but the ball is currently rolling...

You really should have joined the team when we offered you the post of "international Affairs: America".

Take it easy.

Bibliolatrist said...

I fear that writing on any subject other than books will expose just how far up my own ass my head really is. Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.

Of course, if there's ever anything specific you'd like me to contribute, just say the word. On my own, however, I'd never come up with any ideas.

Looking forward to your posting regularly again...